LLTI Archives

October 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:20:31 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Subject: Re: #9269 Peanut Butter Sticks Software
>Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:34:20 -0400

Hi Iris,
Your inquiry is opportune.  A colleague just handed me a demo copy of
this software this morning.  So far my evaluation is that it may be a
useful resource for students who are trying to learn Spanish (or
review Spanish) through self-study because it takes a very
conversation approach that does not necessarily match with how
textbooks arrange learning sequences.  That being said, something I
liked about the software was the representation of different accents
from different Spanish-speaking countries.  This would be useful as
examples of different pronunciations for a linguistics course but it
isn't the intended application of the software.

I cannot comment further on it because the demo CD I have has limited
functionality until a license is purchased.  There are grammar
presentations but I did not look at these.

I too, would be interested in others experience or review of this
software.

Regards,
Deanne

Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo