LLTI Archives

October 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:26:28 -0400
We have faculty who DISCONNECT and CARRY AWAY our document cameras to
other rooms (where they won't work because the podiums aren't set up for
them!), not to mention the occasional USB cable being plugged into the
wrong port by some mysterious process.  Our only recourse sometimes is
to chide the instructor (if we can figure out who it is).  One of the
joys of being in a small college is that you know most of the
instructors by their first name...

But it has helped the number of trouble calls to standardize the
equipment in each classroom.  At least that way, once you've trained an
instructor, s/he can use a podium anywhere on campus.  Our calls have
dropped significantly since about 80% of the classrooms have the exact
same equipment.  We're also in the process of installing and using
Crestron's RoomView software to manage our classrooms, and we're hoping
that will drop the calls to an even lower level once it's working
correctly.

Regards,
Sue Breeyear
Saint Michaels College