LLTI Archives

October 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:28:46 -0400
(1)  from "Patricia Early" <[log in to unmask]> ---

Hi Tina,

We charge $5 per student for those students enrolled in any class that starts
with a language prefix.  This fee is assessed at the time of registration.

Trish Early

Patricia N. Early
Language Lab Coordinator
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Georgia State University
404-413-5987

-Information is neither good nor bad.  It is either welcomed or unwelcomed
depending upon whether it is timely or untimely.

*************************

(2)  from  "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Tina,
The Pennsylvania State Colleges take a different approach.  They
charge a "tech fee" to the students (unsure of the amount) which then
becomes the fund through which capital expenditures on technology are
created for all campuses.  Requests for these funds pass through many
hands including the department, the college, the Provost's office and
the government office in charge of the funds, each making decisions as
to how requests should be ranked to determine their importance.

I believe the archive may have some information on this subject as
well.  You may wish to look there and follow up with those contacts
personnally to see if things have changed.

Deanne

Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo
Director, Language Resource Center
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania