LLTI Archives

October 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:10:54 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum
>Subject: audio players that control number of times audio can be played
>Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:02:34 -0400

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone might have an audio player (Flash? Shockwave?
Java?) that will limit the number of times that the audio can be
played that they would be willing to share?  At a previous
institution, we had developed a Shockwave version of this, but I
neither have access to this now, nor do I have the software to
redevelop it at the moment.  We are wanting to have this for testing
purposes but also for dictogloss tasks.  The player that we had, had
its own quirks in that students really only needed to reload the page
to be able to use the audio again, but I believe I may be able to
embed it in Blackboard and control access to it that way.  (I will
have to play with it.)

Thank you to all who may respond.

Regards,
Deanne