LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:15:49 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Laura A Atkinson <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Position Available at Duke: Academic Technology Consultant for Foreign
Languages
>From: Laura A Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:56:51 -0400

The Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) at Duke University Libraries
seeks an Academic Technology Consultant (ATC) for Foreign Languages.

The Center for Instructional Technology (http://cit.duke.edu/) supports
the academic mission of Duke University by helping instructors find
innovative ways to use technology to achieve their teaching goals. Drawing
on expertise in both technology and pedagogy, CIT assists instructors with
projects, shares information across the university about effective
practices, and examines the effect of technology on teaching and learning.
CIT systematically monitors and evaluates the impact and effectiveness of
instructional technologies on the teaching and learning experiences of
faculty and students and shares these findings with the campus community.

The Academic Technology Consultant (ATC) consults with faculty on
technologies for their teaching needs. The ATC also plans and runs
workshops and information sessions, keeps current on instructional
technology trends and local developments, manages pilots of new
instructional technologies on campus, and collaborates with other faculty
support people on campus to create a streamlined environment for faculty
teaching.

The ATC will be the prime CIT point of contact for faculty in Duke's
language programs but will work broadly on projects with faculty from
other disciplines as well.

We seek a candidate with:
perspective and vision about instructional technology,
detailed knowledge of common instructional technologies and how they are
applied in campus environments,
prior experience "on the ground" supporting the teaching technology needs
of faculty,
the ability to effectively plan and lead technology projects and
investigations involving collaborations with colleagues from across
campus,
excellent communication skills and the ability and confidence to interact
well with faculty, students, administrative staff and department chairs
and center directors,
the desire to be a collaborative member of a team of excellent staff
focused on faculty support and development at our University.
In addition to the qualities above, ideally we are seeking a candidate
with knowledge of language pedagogy through prior experience supporting
language faculty instructional technology needs, being a language faculty
member, or thoughtful engagement as a student with pedagogical issues in
language teaching and learning.

For more information including full job description and application
instructions, please see:
http://library.duke.edu/jobs/atc.html.