LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:27:38 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Thomas <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:59:16 +0900
>Subject: 4th International Wireless Ready Symposium. Digital Asia: Language,
Technology & Community
>From: Michael Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Michael Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

4th International Wireless Ready Symposium
Digital Asia: Language, Technology & Community

An IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG event
Friday, 19th February 2010, NUCB Graduate School, Nagoya, Japan (09:50 -
17:00)
Homepage: http://wirelessready.nucba.ac.jp
Registration: http://wirelessready.nucba.ac.jp/registerdesk.html

The event is aimed at providing professional development for language
educators, teachers and learning technologists in the areas of digital
technologies and computer assisted language learning. Hosted by the NUCB
Graduate School in downtown Nagoya, the event is situated in the centre of
the business and shopping district, only one subway stop from Nagoya Central
Station. As in previous years we hope to offer the event in Second Life with
live or recorded presentations at the Edunation II Amphitheatre.

Keynote Speakers include:
Dr Hayo Reinders
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Serious gaming and language education

Dr Insung Jung
Professor of Education, Media and Society
International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
e-Learning and mobile learning in Asia
http://wirelessready.nucba.ac.jp/keynotes.html

Proposals are currently being accepted for papers in the following or
related areas:

- digital natives / digital immigrants
- Web 2.0 technologies in the classroom
- technology, education and society
- e-learning and collaborative learning
- Web-based learning
- wireless learning environments
- computer assisted language learning
- virtual and personalized learning environments
- Interactive Whiteboard technologies
- social networking software and tools
- emerging technologies
- teacher professional development and digital technologies
- corpora and language learning technologies
- mobile learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- digital literacies
- open and distance learning technologies
- telecollaboration
- other categories relating to the conference theme

Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be sent as Microsoft Word
attachments by November 5th 2009, citing your name, institutional
affiliation and short biography (100 words) to:

The call for papers is also available here:
http://wirelessready.nucba.ac.jp/cfp2010.pdf
Please feel free to distribute this CFP to other lists and interested
participants.

We look forward to seeing you in Nagoya in February 2010.

Dr Michael Thomas
Chair, Conference Organizing Committee
NUCB Graduate School (Fushimi Campus)
Nagoya University of Commerce & Business, Japan