LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:24:22 -0400
Here in the Hamilton College Language Center, we've taken a bit more
of an aggressive track when it comes to sanitization.

In our storage room is an industrial can of Lysol Anti-Bacterial
spray. Every night after we're closed all keyboards, headsets,
microphones, and mice are sprayed down with it. Not enough to soak
them, mind you, (We don't want any drips running places!) but just
enough to get the items slightly damp with it. We also spray our
doorknobs in and out of the LC. We do this because our door is kept
shut usually, as we're one of the rare rooms in the building that has
Air Conditioning.

We've been doing this for the last three years. So far we've had no
serious problems with any of the tech we've sprayed. Remember - the
key is to never spray enough that it can "pool". We also don't wipe
it. We let it evaporate - which, when sprayed correctly, takes about 2
to 3 minutes.

I'd also like to state that I fully support the "Keyboard Kondoms"
initiative. :D

Jeremiah Spoon
Language Center Coordinator/Technologist
Voice: 315.859.4792  Data: [log in to unmask]
www.Hamilton.edu/LanguageCenter