LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:40:24 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information    Forum'"
>Disposition-Notification-To: "Busby, Lillie" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:33:16 -0500
>Subject: RE: H1N1 flu preparations
>acceptlanguage: en-US

Todd,

I had our department purchase Clorox antiseptic wipes in bulk (the largest I can
find is 78 per container).   A container is placed at the door and on each lab
table.  I also have antiseptic hand gel in the lab available to all the
students.  Custodial Services also helps me out, by spraying the lab surfaces
down with antiseptic each night.

As students are oriented to the lab, they are also given a brief presentation on
preventative hygiene.  Students are reminded to wipe down mice, keyboards,
earpieces, and mics (I pulled the foam off the mics as it actually serves no
purpose).

Actually, I am more concerned over conjunctivitis and the common flu and am glad
to see the current awareness. Students, by the way, have been overly
appreciative about our department's efforts to increase hygiene.

Lillie Busby
Technology and Languages Lab Coordinator
Department of Foreign Languages
Sam Houston State University
Academic Building 4-312
936-294-3590