LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:06:49 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Brenda J. Bertrand" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:32:17 -0400
>From: "Brenda J. Bertrand" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: H1N1 flu preparations
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Dear Todd et al.

I keep Clorox wipes by the computers and hand sanitizers at various points
around the center.  We have signs up encouraging people to use them.  My student
workers also encourage clients to use them.

This really IS  a concern.  I work for the Concordia Language Villages in the
summer (Dean of the French Village) and this past summer, 2 different villages
ended up with outbreaks.  Ours did not - but we DID keep hand sanitizers
available and enforced their use before meals.

If your center gets the computer turn around that mine does (one student gets up
and another sits down), then I would definitely go the double whammy route with
the Clorox wipes and hand sanitizers.  We also keep kleenex (or toilet paper)
available so that students have a place to sneeze.

I wish everyone a healthy year,
Brenda Bertrand
Director Foreign Language Learning Center
Wittenberg University
Springfield, Ohio