LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2009 08:06:14 -0400
Hi all, I'm transitioning my class from a web 1.0 organizational
structure (hand-tooled html and java: these pages were like my babies,
it's sad to say goodbye to them!) to a more 2.0 place:  I'm using
wikispaces for overall course structure, blogs to replace diaries, prezi
instead of PowerPoint (thanks for that tip, Jorg), animoto...  I'm
really excited, and the students are on-board completely.

My general question is: for those that have already made that
transition, what are some pitfalls that can be avoided, and what are
some general words of guidance you can offer?

My more specific question is: with regard to the wiki, how much Spanish
production can I or should I expect from the students there?  Or, should
that be a langauge neutral area: the importance of content superceding
that of language production?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V/R

Alexander Waid, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Spanish
Department of Humanities
United States Coast Guard Academy (dh)
27 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4195
860-701-6866

Would you like to learn more about the U.S.C.G.A. Partnership in
Education?
Are you interested in mentoring or tutoring in the New London Public
Schools?
Email me and ask about these opportunities!