LLTI Archives

September 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:06:25 -0400
Friends and colleagues...No, I really mean IALLT family...

         Family because I have grown through you all professionally
and personally over the past 25 years (yeah, it really has been that
long!). In that time we have been through not only the introduction
of computers into our environments, and  the evolution from language
lab to language center and most recently to The Language Connection,
Global Studio and such, but also through graduations, marriages,
births (of children and grandchildren) and even deaths of some of our
most beloved members.

         My momentum beginning September 14 will be in a slightly
different direction which means I will not be seeing you at the
venues that we usually have the chance to catch up at. I have
accepted an administrative position at Brandman University (formerly
Chapman University College) that I am extremely excited about. I will
be leading their effort to transition all of their 500+ courses (and
corresponding faculty) from F2F to a hybrid model that I am creating
and which will distinguish the Brandman educational experience. I am
also the originating member of Brandman's new Center for Innovation
in Teaching.

         This is a dream position that I would not have been prepared
for were it not for the expertise and support that I have drawn from
many of you and our work together over the last 25 years. For that I
want to thank you.

         I am not disappearing from language technology all together
and I look forward to communicating and collaborating to a certain
extent in the future. I will continue monitoring LLTI and have
already planned to have dinner with Sharon and anyone else on Friday
at ACTFL this year (it's "just down the road" from me). And, of
course, for those of you planning on attending IALLT 2011 at UC
Irvine, I will be seeing you there. In fact, as Judi plans that
meeting further, my party yard is under consideration as one option
for the closing party. Whether or not at my house, I'll be there!

         My email remains the same: [log in to unmask]

Until later dear friends!

LeeAnn