MACSCRPT Archives

September 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Klaus P. Fechner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:21:02 -0700
Hi!

I have a script that starts with this snippet (to save a temp HTML
file from Eudora to open it in a browser):

set tempFile to ((path to "temp" as string) & (do shell script "date
+'Eudora_Temp_File_%s'.htm")) as file specification

It used to work fine in all of OS Xes until now. I can open the
script in Smile and can run it ok from within Smile. If I run it from
Eudora's script menu I get an error -1700 "Can't make <string of path
to temp file - my abbreviation!> into type file specification".

Any ideas how to fix that?

Also, opening that script with Apple Script Editor works fine, but
typing into the editor window types completely different characters
than intended. It works fine in Smile.

Any ideas what's wrong with the keyboard input into ASE?

Thanks a lot,

Klaus
--
Klaus P. Fechner, Los Altos, CA, USA