MACSCRPT Archives

August 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kee Nethery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:58:32 -0700
Would like to know what, if anything, people are using to run
AppleScript as a CGI?

The web page for acgiDispatcher seems to have disappeared.
There was a piece of code called PeacePipe and it appears to meet the
author's needs and has not been modified or updated since.
There was an Xserve Apache thing "ACGI Enabler" that appears to no
longer be provided by Apple.
There is nothing on the Apple site (that I could find) about running
AppleScripts as a CGI.
Sal's AppleScript book does not appear to have ACGI in the index so
I'm guessing it is not covered.
There used to be a message that AppleScript responded to (something
like handle as CGI) and that was obsoleted in 2008 (according to the
Apple AppleScript online docs).
WebStar was bought by Kerio and was discontinued.

The thing that started it all: MacHTTP appears to be available and
appears runs under Classic on Tiger.

My preference would be something that Apache would use to talk to
AppleScripts, something like acgiDispatcher but in use by others and
supported.

Suggestions?

Kee Nethery