LLTI Archives

July 2009, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:59:22 -0400
from  [log in to unmask]

Hi, everyone.

My university's translating faculty are interested in SDL Trados Studio
2009, a translation memory tool.  I researched the product a couple of
years ago and it would not run in our lab environment at that time.

Faculty members in translation have been contacted recently by SDL
Trados sales people regarding their SDL Trados Certification University
Program.

My questions for the listserv are:

1)       Is anyone on the listserv participating in the SDL Trados
Certification University Program? (The sales person I spoke with said 25
US universities were in the program but he was not at liberty to
disclose their names without their permission); and,

2)       Is anyone running the SDL Trados Studio 2009 in a public lab
environment?   If so, could you share your experience installing and
managing it?

Many thanks in advance for any information you have to share,

Heather

Heather McCullough, Ph.D. | Director, Language Resource Center
UNC Charlotte | Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-8762 | Fax: 704-687-3496
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  | http://lrc.uncc.edu
<http://lrc.uncc.edu>

If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or
by telephone at 704-687-8762. Thank you.