LLTI Archives

July 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:31:45 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from ILC <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:39:29 -0700
>From: ILC <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Russian questions

The faculty in my Russian department are interested in finding places to
purchase Russian keyboards, or stickers to put on English language
keyboards. Does anyone know of vendors online or better yet, stores that
sell them directly in the states? We are interested in purchasing them
ourselves but we also would like to better direct students when they ask
themselves where to get Russian keyboards or stickers.

Additionally, one of the faculty in my department told me she has had
problems sending emails back and forth in Russian with Mozilla
Thunderbird (our campus' main email client). Does anyone who types in
Russian have problems with Mozilla Thunderbird? Does anyone have other
suggestions for successfully emailing Russian?

--
Lindsay Saperstone
Manager of the Interactive Learning Center