MACSCRPT Archives

July 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
RJay Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:14:17 -0700
I've been working on a script to copy tiff files from our RIPs to our
Platesetters. I've got it working correctly with a "choose folder"
command, but I want to add an option to choose multiple files rather than
just a folder of files. The problem I'm having with this is that as soon
as you select the first file, the Finder temporarily locks up while it
works on drawing a preview of the tiff file. These are huge 1-bit tiff
files and it's taking a good 30+ seconds to show the preview before the
user can select the rest of the files and let the script continue.

Is it possible to disable the preview so the user can choose the files
they need without waiting for a preview they don't need to be displayed?

Thanks for any tips,

RJay