MACSCRPT Archives

July 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:28:00 +0900
Hello Bill and Deivy,

Thank you for your replies.

On Jul 29, 2009, at 12:35 AM, Bill Steele wrote:

> Don';t know the syntax in Mail, but what I use in Eudora is
>
> set theLast to (count of messages of mailbox "In")
>
> Then loop from msg1 to theLast.

This seems to work fine in Mail too. But... I tried:

tell application "Mail"
	set theLast to (count of messages of mailbox "INBOX" of account
"myaccount")
end tell

and I got a number. But when I do:

tell application "Mail"
	set theLast to (count of messages of mailbox "INBOX" of account
"myaccount")
	get the content of (message theLast of mailbox "INBOX" of account
"myaccount")
end tell

I get a text which has no relation with the last message of my
'mailbox "INBOX" of account "myaccount"'...

This seems to mean that the reference by number to a specific message
does not work...??

-------

On Jul 29, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Deivy Petrescu wrote:

> I use this script for myself.
> It is a bit rough but does it job.
>
> -- paramenters
> set mb to "INBOX"
> set acct to "myaccount"
> set First_Msg to 250
> set Last_Msg to 200
>
> --script that in this case erase repeated messages in the range
> 200 to 250 from the mailbox  mb of account acct
>
> with timeout of 3900 seconds
> 	tell application "Mail"
> 				tell mailbox mb of account acct to repeat with msg from
> First_Msg to Last_Msg by -1
> 			if (message id of message msg) = (message id of message (msg -
> 1)) then delete (message msg )
> 		end repeat
> 	end tell
> end timeout

This seems very good, but because of the problem of the reference by
number, that I mentioned above, I cannot use this method...??

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga