LLTI Archives

June 2009, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:18:11 -0400
Dear LLTIers,

My department head has asked me to gather information on what amount, if
any, departments charge students to cover the time, effort and expertise of
faculty who administer exams for students wishing to have their language
requirement waived. These exams are not computer-assisted exams but rather
oral and written exams developed, administered and evaluated by our faculty,
or in the case of many of the less commonly taught languages, by outside
experts we hire for this purpose--which is where it really gets expensive for
us.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Barbara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~