LLTI Archives

June 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:06:51 -0400
Dear All,

I need your kind assistance to get an exiting pilot project going! ALTEC is
piloting 5 online summer language courses. I need students to fill up these
classes! This project is an essential part of my doctoral research on
Faculty Preparation To Teach Online.

Specifics:

-	There are five courses: French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese
-	The courses last 3 weeks, are taught entirely online and are non-credit
-	They were designed and will be taught by experienced instructors.
-	The cost for each course is $65 (as an incentive for students to take them
seriously)

Here is the schedule:

$E2Ac	Spanish: June 29th to July 17th
$E2Ac	Japanese: July 6th to July 24th
$E2Ac	French:  July 13th to July 31st
$E2Ac	Chinese: July 13th to July 31st
$E2Ac	German: July 20th to August 8th

and information about the levels of the course:

The Spanish, French and German courses review the curriculum of the first
year and prepare students for third year courses.

The Chinese and Japanese courses review the curriculum of the first year and
prepare student for second year courses.

All the courses provide opportunities to practice reading, writing,
listening and speaking skills.

Here is an announcement that you can copy and paste in an e-mail to your
students. I also attached a flier.
Thank you so much for your help with this!
Edwige.

ONLINE LANGUAGE COURSES

Brush up your language skills in the summer and get a headstart for the fall!!

The Anderson Language Technology Center at the University of Colorado,
Boulder is pleased to offer 3-week language refresher courses. The courses
are non-credit and offered entirely online!

Schedule:

$E2Ac	Spanish: June 29th to July 17th
$E2Ac	Japanese: July 6th to July 24th
$E2Ac	French:  July 13th to July 31st
$E2Ac	Chinese: July 13th to July 31st
$E2Ac	German: July 20th to August 8th

The Spanish, French and German courses review the curriculum of the first
year and prepare students for third year courses.

The Chinese and Japanese courses review the curriculum of the first year and
prepare student for second year courses.

To sign up:

- E-mail your name, last name , institution and course you wish to enroll in
to [log in to unmask]
- Send a $65 payable to the University of Colorado, Boulder at the following
address:

ALTEC online refresher courses
Hellems FSC
Campus Box 240.