LLTI Archives

June 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:13:51 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Raysa Amador <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:11:35 -0400
>From: Raysa Amador <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Languag Lab
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Raysa Amador <[log in to unmask]>

Kindly, I need to ask a question about Languages Laboratory maintenance. We
are currently using the Tanberg equipment (which we bought years a ago, at
about 3 years we added our own server at quite a cost) and we have a private
maintenance person with a contract of over $5,000 a year.

We are are not happy with the arrangements.

I want to ask if anyone knows of a maintenance Company in the New York area
or I would like to ask if many universities are using the  Technology
Services from their own University to support the hardware and software of
the Language Laboratories.

Thanks
Dr. Raysa E. Amador Chair
ADELPHI UNIVERSITY
Languages and International Studies Department
Science 216B
Garden City, NY 11530
516-8774054

Teaching