LLTI Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:56:20 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 08:58:07 -0600
>From: Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: program development through partnership - process?

Good morning,
This is a little off-topic, so I beg your pardon, but partly because of
habit and because I know how adept and knowledgeable LLTI'ers are, I am
still inclined to put this forward to the group.

We are in the process of working to establish a new graduate degree
program here at the University of Calgary in conjunction with a European
partner university, and the methodology for doing this has evolved
significantly in recent years.  The university now likes to see evidence
of community / business demand and interest in programs and more
importantly that the skills and knowledge acquired through the program
will fit the needs of government, industry, etc.  We have no doubt that
it will fill a much demanded niche in the city, province, country and
beyond, but we need to consult with members of various industries to
confirm what they would be looking for from graduates of such a
program.  As such, we are in the process of developing a questionnaire
and interview questions for distributing to interested parties both
formally and informally and I am wondering if anyone may have drafted
documents of this kind that they would be willing to share or if anyone
is familiar with research literature around the development of such.

Please feel free to respond to me off-list ([log in to unmask]).

Deanne

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.