LLTI Archives

May 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 19:55:56 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Roosa, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: NAtive Speakers in foreign Languages
>Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:54:31 -0500
>From: "Roosa, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

This is not a technology question, so I hope you will forgive me if this
request is inappropriate. Please feel free to answer to me off list if
the answers would not be of interest to the group.

I am wondering how your foreign language departments handle native
speakers in foreign language classes. Our faculty is finding them to be
bored and/or disruptive. We do not typically have enough native speakers
to offer classes specifically for them. How does your college handle
this problem?

Also, could you recommend a listserve for foreign language instructors
or chairs? I would like the faculty to get involved in one. Thanks!

Kathryn Roosa
Academic Dean
San Jacinto College - South
13735 Beamer Road