LLTI Archives

May 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 19:50:28 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:08:25 -0400
>Subject: IALLT support during these difficult times
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

All:

I. like all of you, have been reading the troubling news of language
resource centers closing and language programs being cut both here on
LLTI as well as in the more mainstream news.

On behalf of the Board, Mike Ledgerwood and I are working on a
statement from IALLT that will serve as a formal response to these
sobering events. We plan to present this at the opening Board and
Council meeting at IALLT 09.  All members are welcome to attend.

IALLT members should know, as well, that this organization stands
ready to assist them at  any time. One of the unofficial jobs of the
IALLT President has been to write letters of support --to Deans,
Provosts, Department Chairs, Principals, Headmasters -- on behalf of
our members and/or the centers they support.  Many has been the time
that I have  been asked to articulate the importance and the
significance of the work our members do at in the context of learning
and teaching...work that more often than not goes under-appreciated,
underpaid, and definitely under the radar.  If you you believesuch a
letter  might  help your situation, please ask.

IALLT stands ready to help in any way that it can...especially now.

Barbara

--
Barbara Sawhill
Director, Cooper International Learning Center

(ph) 440-775-8595
(f) 440-775-6888

President, IALLT (http://iallt.org)

http://languagelabunleashed.org