MACSCRPT Archives

May 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 22:35:43 +0100
At 22:13 +0100 22/5/09, I wrote:

>         on idle
>           set _lines to get paragraphs of (get the clipboard)
>           if item 1 of _lines contains "hscript" then
>             set the clipboard to (items 2 through -1 of _lines) as
>Unicode text
>             -- do what you want with the result
>           end if
>           return 5 -- do it every 5 seconds
>         end idle
>
>Now, it is possible to make an Applecript application invisible
>(backgrounded) but I forget for the moment what you need to do to
>achieve that because it's years since I created such things.

It looks as if the new way to do this is to save the script as an
Application _bundle_, then right click on it, choose Show Package
Contents, open Contents and edit the info.plist (in BBEdit for
example) by adding:

	<key>LSUIElement</key>
	<true/>

JD

PS.  The script I gave above seems to empty the clipboard, bit never
mind -- someone else has given you  script that works.  I have tested
the backgrounding and that does work.

JD