MACSCRPT Archives

May 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Marc Bossiere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 00:04:51 -0400
Does anyone have an elegant, simple idea for a script which could run in the background and
check the contents of the system clipboard continuously?

I'm trying to find a way to open a web page from inside mini vMac (a simple Mac Plus
emulator) where I have several Hypercard stacks running. This emulator does not allow any
interacton with the host OS (X) machine, except for two little apps which get and put
clipboard contents from and to the host machine. So I hope to send a flag and a URL to the
host machine from vMac (via the clipboards) and have Applescript on the host machine
notice it (more or less immediately), extract the URL, and load it to a modern browser. And
something vice-versa, which I can write a HyperTalk idle script to notice.

Any ideas?

mbossiere