LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:43:41 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Meyers <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Daniel Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #9133 Language Lab Staffing
>Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:57:45 -0400

Hi Jean.

This is Dan Meyers from Miami University in Oxford, OH.  For our
Interactive Language Resource Center (ILRC), my position is full time,
1FTE, 12 month position. We are an institution of 16,500 students with
15 languages offered, and enroll about 4100 FTEs in languages a year
(including summer sessions).

We once had staffing of two graduate students and up to 8
undergraduates, but because of the state of the nation and funding
cutbacks, we had to give our graduate positions back to the central
administration and are now only at 4 undergraduates. When the student
assistants aren't working, I man the lab myself or direct the students
needing help to my office next door to the lab.

Hope that this helps you out. Good luck to you with your effort.

Daniel E. Meyers
Interactive Language Resource Center
Austrian Summer Scholars Program
Irvin Hall 47