LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:32:11 -0400
Greetings,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out about a great tool called
EtherPad.com, the first internet-based real-time collaborative text editor.
It's very easy to use. Simply type http://etherpad.com/YOUR_SHORTNAME_HERE
directly into your browser. If that URL is available, EtherPad will create a
new pad for you at that address. For example, I might type "
http://etherpad.com/tuesdayfacilitiesmeeting"

More details on how it works here:
http://blogs.ucls.uchicago.edu/wll/2009/04/08/etherpad-rife-with-possibility-for
-the-language-classroom/

And initial ideas about how this could be used in the language classroom
here:
http://worldlanguagelab.wikispaces.com/EtherPad

All best,
Allison Weiss