LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:44:08 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Martin Senger" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #9114 Software for pronunciation
>Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:32:34 -0400
>From: "Martin Senger" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Pax et bonum Gisele! (peace & goodness)

USALearns.org is a new website that incorporates speaking/pronunciation
into its format and its free. It was developed as a joint program
between the US and Calif. Depts. of Education.

I haven't used it myself (yet), but I've been told that if the student
has a microphone, they can compare their pronunciation to the program's.

I would love any feedback if you decide to use this program. I'm waiting
for my organization to update our fossils in our 'puter lab!

Hope that helps!

Ciao!

Martin E. Senger
Adult ESL / Civics Teacher
   Greater Erie Community Action Committee (GECAC) / R. Benjamin Wiley
Learning Center
   1002 W.10th St.
   Erie, PA 16502
   (814) 490-8510
Co-Director
   ESL Special Interest Group
   Pa. Assoc. for Adult Continuing Education (PAACE)