LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:44:42 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LLTI-Editor'" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SANS Inc. Co-Sponsors 2009 NECTFL Mead Leadership Program
>Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:27:12 -0400

SANS Inc.
10 White Wood Lane
North Branford, CT 06471

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 2009

SANS Inc. Co-Sponsors 2009 NECTFL Mead Leadership Program

.North Branford, Connecticut..SANS Inc., the developer and exclusive licensor of
Sony language
learning software solutions, is honored to co-sponsor the Northeast Conference
on the Teaching of
Foreign Languages (NECTFL) 2009 Mead Leadership Program.

The Mead Leadership Program, named in memory of Robert G. Mead, Jr., a
distinguished member of the
foreign language education community, recognizes foreign language teachers that
demonstrate
leadership and vision in world language education.  The program is a
collaboration between NECTFL
and the 14 state foreign language organizations.  Mead Fellows are selected in
part for the quality
of projects they propose, and the plan of action for that project is developed
by the Fellow and
his/her assigned mentor, with input from state association leaders.

The 2009 Mead Fellows have been chosen and will be recognized at the 56th NECTFL
Annual Conference
in New York City on April 17, 2009.  They are Steven Berbeco (MA), Monica
Mulholland (VA), Susanne
Sutton (MD), and Richard G. Detwiler (PA).

"SANS is pleased to be part of this exemplary program," said Ron Remschel,
President of SANS Inc.
As a leading provider of technology for language educators and learners, it is
wonderful to be part
of a program that recognizes outstanding language teachers with ideas and goals
to enhance world
language education.  We extend our congratulations to each of the 2009 Mead
Fellows."

About SANS Inc.: SANS Inc., Software and Network Solutions, is the developer and
exclusive worldwide
licensor of Sony Language Learning Software. These include the widely used
technology solutions of
the Sony VirtuosoT and SoloistR digital language lab software suite. This
technology is the
instructional choice of numerous, discerning language programs in the U.S. and
around the world.
SANS also provides solutions for blended and virtual language learning with
SANSSpacee VLE.  SANS is
committed to providing software solutions that, first and foremost, address
teaching and learning
modalities and work within the IT framework of the school or government agency
using the technology.
SANS products are designed and developed in the United States.   More at
www.sansinc.com  or contact
Stella Derum at [log in to unmask]
.
Virtuoso and Soloist are trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  Sony Virtuoso and
Soloist software
incorporate SANS and Sony Technology. SANSSpace is a trademark of SANS Inc.

About the Northeast Conference:
The Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages serves educators
in all languages
(including classical, less commonly taught, and ESL), at all levels from
kindergarten through
university, in both public and private settings.   In existence since the late
1940s, NECTFL is the
largest of five regional associations of its kind in the United States,
representing educators from
Maine to Virginia but exercising leadership nation-wide.  The Board of Directors
of the Northeast
Conference is committed to educating citizens for participation in a peaceful
global community.
# # #

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.