LLTI Archives

April 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:29:04 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "stellamderum" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LLTI-Editor'" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SANS Announces New Version 9.0 of Sony Virtuoso Software Enhancing
Student Audio/Video Recording Capabilities
>Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:36:24 -0400

SANS Inc.
10 White Wood Lane
North Branford, CT 06471

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 2009
SANS Inc. Announces New Version 9.0 of Sony Virtuoso Software
 Enhancing Student Audio/Video Recording Capabilities

.North Branford, Connecticut..SANS Inc., the developer and exclusive licensor of
Sony language
learning software solutions, has just released Version 9.0 of the Sony Virtuoso
Language Learning
Instructional Software suite.  The latest updates to this widely used
instructional technology
enable more flexibility for learners of spoken languages and visual languages
including American
Sign Language (ASL).

According to Ron Remschel, SANS President, "We keep an open dialog with our
customers to understand
what they need to make teaching with our technology most beneficial to their
students.  Version 9.0
of the Sony Virtuoso software includes features that have been identified by
language instructors as
essential to help students gain proficiency when using the Sony language lab
instructional
technology."  This software version includes new student recording options for
both spoken and
visual languages making it more flexible for instructor guided activities where
the student is
recording audio or video responses.

Technical enhancements have also been made to provide capabilities for more
intuitive system
configuration and monitoring of activity within a school's PC Network.  These
updates speak to the
needs of the IT managers at each institution that work very closely with SANS on
technical
compatibility within their school's network environment.

About SANS Inc.: SANS Inc, Software and Network Solutions, is the developer and
exclusive worldwide
licensor of Sony Language Learning Software. These include the widely used
technology solutions of
the Sony VirtuosoT and SoloistR digital language lab software suite. This
technology is the
instructional choice of numerous, discerning language programs in the U.S. and
around the world.
SANS also provides solutions for blended and virtual language learning with
SANSSpace VLE.  SANS is
committed to providing software solutions that, first and foremost, address
teaching and learning
modalities and work within the IT framework of the school or government agency
using the technology.
SANS products are designed and developed in the United States.   More at
www.sansinc.com or contact
Stella Derum at [log in to unmask]
.
Virtuoso and Soloist are trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  Sony Virtuoso and
Soloist software
incorporate SANS and Sony Technology. SANSSpace is a trademark of SANS Inc.

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.