LLTI Archives

March 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:39:04 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:27:43 -0400
>From: Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: OWL Testing Software Announces New
=?WINDOWS-1252?Q?=91Test_Conversion_Service=92_During_Annual_CALICO_Conference?=
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Greg Russak <[log in to unmask]>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OWL Testing Software Announces New 'Test Conversion Service'
During Annual CALICO Conference

New Service Simplifies Online Migration of Language Tests and Assessments

TEMPE, Ariz. (March 10, 2009) - OWL Testing Software announced a new
service today at the 26th Annual Computer Assisted Language Instruction
Consortium (CALICO) Conference being held at Arizona State University. The
OWL Test Conversion Service will make the transition from traditional, paper-
based, or other technology-based testing to OWL's Web-based platform fast,
easy, and effortless for their customers in education, government, and
business--while allowing continued use of the same basic test content that
they have used in the past.

"One of the great misconceptions among teachers, language lab directors,
school administrators, and even corporate and government trainers is the
amount of work required to convert their existing teaching and testing
materials into an online environment like OWL," said Chris Dalessandri, OWL
Testing Software's president and CEO. "By offering to convert existing content
free of charge as part of the OWL Testing Software solution, we make this
transition to online testing even more painless and economical."

"By combining our new Test Conversion Service with the OWL Community
Library, we become the only language testing software company in the world
to offer a 'best of both worlds' solution: validated SOPI-type test content
created by and voluntarily contributed to our Library by customers, combined
with the means by which customers can repurpose their existing tests," added
Greg Russak, OWL Testing Software vice president of sales. "We're pleased to
offer such a unique and powerful language testing system that goes beyond
the standalone, canned tests, as well as any commercial or open-source
software, which is typically complicated and devoid of test content."

OWL provides full functionality for the entire assessment cycle: authoring,
scheduling, administering, rating, and reporting. Custom assessments are
created using an intuitive online wizard and can include any number or
combination of oral response, essays, cloze, completion, fill-in-the-blank,
matching, multiple-choice, or short answer questions--incorporating text,
graphics, audio, and video components.

"OWL offers the only widely-available testing tool designed specifically for
assessing all modes of communication through a single platform," Dalessandri
added. "We're very pleased to make this announcement here and to have the
opportunity to showcase our cutting-edge assessment technology to the
people attending CALICO, as they are among the best and brightest language
education professionals from the United States and around the globe."

In addition to measuring a student's oral proficiency, reading and listening
comprehension, and comfort level communicating in the target language; the
OWL test management system allows language instructors to establish
baselines against which to measure their progress over time. What's more, the
Web-based system may be used anywhere there's access to the Internet--
providing flexibility across multiple offices or campuses, time zones, and even
continents.

About OWL Testing Software
Founded in 1999, OWL Testing Software is a premier provider of affordable
Web-based testing and assessment systems for academia, government, and
business users. OWL's intuitive test management system simplifies the unique
and complex challenges of second language acquisition--including ESL and EFL
programs--and is easily applied to any subject matter in education or the
workplace. Learn more at www.owlts.com.

# # #

OWL Testing Software
1484 Washington Road