LLTI Archives

March 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:25:20 -0400
Help requested.

We are now developing the next version of Soundbooth Plus ,
www.soundbooth.eu, our digital language lab, specifically to meet the needs
of College and University students and would appreciate input from as many
LLTI members as possible so we do meet users needs.

At present Soundbooth Plus includes:

1.       Synchronous live questioning from a tutor to an individual  student
with two-way voice communication and recording of the student input.

2.       Recording of student input whilst listening to an external audio
source (simultaneous and consecutive translation/interpreting)

3.       Group questioning from a tutor to a selected group of students with
two-way voice communication between the teacher and individual group members
- but not including group member to group member communication - includes
individual student recording of responses on demand.

We are presently testing:

1.       Tandem pairing where a native speaker has two-way communication
with a student - includes student recording of responses on demand.
Concurrent sessions can be run at the same time.

2.       Synchronous recorded input where a tutor can centrally deliver an
audio source to students.

We would like your input on our planning for a  group discussion module
where a tutor can select or change the group from the teacher console and
where recording of any individual or group input can be recorded on demand
by any participant.  We are interested in how you use such functionality, or
any other combination, within a class or across a campus so we can refine
our specification at the planning stage.

Thank you in advance for your input.   Please respond off list to avoid
mailbox overload but I am happy to summarise responses for the benefit of
the list.

Regards

Kate Hammond

Teaching