LLTI Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:14:45 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 4 Mar 2009 06:36:47 -0500
>From: Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: (ADVTSG) WebSwami at BETT'09 & LMS/VLE Integration News
(Moodle/Blackboard)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Gavin Ng <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone

We$E2ve recently returned from WebSwami$E2s public launch at BETT 2009
(www.bettshow.com), and what a show it was! It was great to meet so many
members of the Language Learning Technology community and to hear your
positive comments about WebSwami$E2s functionality. We look forward to working
with many of you in the coming year.

Here is just a small selection of responses to WebSwami demos at BETT:

"This is the best thing that I have seen all day!" (said at 4.45p.m!)
Secondary School Teacher

"I'm so impressed with how easy to use the Learner and Marker are" MFL Director

"WebSwami goes well beyond the functionality of Moodle (for language
teaching)" Moodle Consultant

We are also very happy to announce our full integration with Moodle (please
see website).  By integrating with Moodle, WebSwami takes advantage of
Moodle$E2s extensive user management and communication tools, while offering
cutting-edge audio/video recording for language training across all
platforms.  We are currently working on integration with Blackboard
(although you can still integrate WebSwami using Moodle$E2s authentication
interface).

Since our last post we have also added a short intro video to the website
which you can watch here - http://www.webswami.com/webswami-video-tour . In
just a few minutes you$E2ll have a solid understanding of what WebSwami offers
and how it helps to develop rapid fluency. If you$E2d then like us to set up a
demo account for you please contact me at [log in to unmask] and I$E2ll be
pleased to help.

WebSwami is the first language teaching system of its kind to integrate
direct webcam recording for course development, online activities and
instructor feedback all at CD quality. It's also the first online system to
include a pitch measuring spectrograph (rhythm & stress included too), to
greatly improve the pronunciation of any language.  Other features include
many easy-to-create interactive activities, including video matching and
real-time conversation simulations.

Kind regards

Gavin Ng
Lead Developer & Designer
Website: www.webswami.com
Email: [log in to unmask]

$E3Breaking the Barriers in Language & Distance Learning$E4

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.