LLTI Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:42:39 -0500
Dear colleagues,

[my apology for any cross-postings]

I am just wondering and curious about what kind of 'lab hours' do  you
have in your institutions, because there are some possibilities that our
institution would implement this concept of 'lab hours'.

If your institute has the lab hours, I'd appreciate if you can give me
some description of how it is conducted along with the following list of
the topics.

-       Why is it implemented? Any rationale behind it?

-       How many hours per week for one class?

-       Do all level of language classes have the lab hours?  Or only
beginning level?

-       Any example of what students do during these hours? What kind of
materials do they use?  Commercial product?  Created by teachers?

-       There are any teachers present during these hours?  Or is it
completely self-instructional without any monitoring?

-       How does scheduling the computer room work?

-       Do your institution consider these hours as 'class time' or
something extra?

Any information would be helpful.

Sincerely

Takeshi

++++++

Takeshi Sengiku

Director of Language Resource Center

Lecturer in Asian Studies Department

Coordinator for Self-Instructional Arabic Language program

Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: 717-337-6340

++++++