MACSCRPT Archives

March 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Stockly, Ed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:14:03 -0700
Is it possible, from a script, to determine the state from the zip code?

I have a script that reads an address from a data base, but the address
doesn't contain a state. (In the past all the user's addresses were in
California, now they are covering listings other states.)

(The user is working on getting the state inserted in the data in future
builds, but until then we have hundreds of addresses that need to be fixed).

ES