MACSCRPT Archives

March 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Paul Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:59:09 -0400
Mark,

	Gotcha. I'd suggest reviewing the data I posted a link to.

	As an example, '37642' appears to be 'CHURCH HILL, TN' according to http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_3_results.jsp
  and my data indicates it as '37642	TN	Tennessee'. I don't see any of
these 54 conflicts in, admittedly limited, checking within my data.
You may just have an issue with the original source data. In fact, the
USPS site won't accept alphabetic characters like those in '063HH CT
NY' as input.

	I have more extensive data that includes much more data for each zip
code, including town names. And it seems to correlate with the USPS
site data, but this subset is much more manageable than it's 36
million characters.