LLTI Archives

February 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:47:52 -0500
from [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing regarding the new online journal for higher education German
Studies: Neues Curriculum (NC). NC facilitates a dialogue about innovative
projects, highlights successful programs, and describes other 'best practices'
in German cultural, historical, linguistic, and literary studies.

NC is published in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD),
Goethe-Institut, the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG) and the
German Studies Association (GSA).
Please visit us to view our first Issue. In the future we plan to dedicate an
issue to the use of technology in German programs.

http://www.neues-curriculum.org/

It is our hope that this electronic journal will not only improve higher
education German studies, but be applicable to other language programs as well.
As a  leading electronic journal for German studies in the US, we hope that this
innovative use of technology will provide yet another example of how information
technology and language/cultural study clearly go hand-in-hand.

We would appreciate it if you would post a link to the journal on your
institutional resource list and inform any of your faculty interested in
participation with Neues Curriculum, either as contributors or online
commentators.

Sincerely,
Michael R. Shaughnessy
W&J College