LLTI Archives

February 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:30:15 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:46:30 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9060 Number of Skype Participants

Hi Debra,

We 'skyped' to Germany 2 weeks ago, 6 students and I in the computer
lab and 1 contact in Germany.  I asked one of my students what the
max. number is, and she said TEN, if I remember correctly, i.e. I
don't know either for sure!  We were EIGHT members and it worked
fine.  Please let us know when you receive a better answer.

Olaf
Creighton U.

At 12:39 PM 2/5/2009, you wrote:
>Hi-
>
>How many people can video conference on Skype simultaneously?  This was
>not clear from their website. Any other free or low-cost  reliable models
>you would recommend?
>
>Sorry if I've missed other chats about this.
>
>Debra
>
>Debra H. Mandel,
>Head, Digital Media Design Studio
>Northeastern University Libraries