LLTI Archives

January 2009, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:21:04 -0500
Lawrence,

I have been toying with this idea for some time, and I recently stumbled on
a service that would enable you to do just what you want, for free.
Voicemail can be sent directly to your e-mail address and/or saved on the
company's server. There are a couple catches:

1) The area code is 206, which means long distance calling rates apply from
landlines. Not as big of an issue these days with most cell phone plans.

2) You can only have 20 messages at a time saved on the server and messages
expire after 2 weeks.

I found the service relatively easy to use, though I haven't yet
incorporated it into a class assignment. In any case, you have nothing to
lose because it's completely free of charge.

You can learn more and sign up now at: http://www.k7.net/

I'd be interested to hear from others to see if they have had success with
similar activities.

Dan Nickolai
Director of the Language Learning Center
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Saint Louis University

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.