LLTI Archives

January 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:51:11 -0500
PRESS RELEASE									LONDON, UK
Embargoed until January 14, 2009							January 14, 2009

New SANAKO Science Teaching Solution Optimized for Intel-powered Classmate PC
Designs

Editorial contacts

SANAKO Corporation
Juha Merinen, Executive Vice President, tel: +358 40 740 2231
email: [log in to unmask]

Kimmo Karpijoki, Vice President, tel: +358 40 576 5801
email: [log in to unmask]

SANAKO has announced the launch of its new multimedia science teaching solution
optimized for use with the Intel-powered Classmate PC design.  SANAKO has also
joined the Intel(R) Learning Series Alliance, working with Intel to provide
language and science learning applications for students around the world.

SANAKO Study Science Lab provides teachers and students with true-to-life lab
experiences in a safe environment. The solution includes stimulating and
interactive multimedia content* for simulating science experiments, along with
essential classroom management tools to help teachers support students as they
engage in tests. It provides an easy and effective resource to help students
reinforce theoretical knowledge by engaging in accurately-simulated experiments.

Built on Intel(R) architecture and powered by the Intel(R) AtomTM processor, the
Intel-powered classmate PC offers affordable and functional designs to support a
wide variety of classroom applications and activities. Designed with students in
mind, classmate PCs are small and light enough for a child to easily carry.
Equipped with a water-resistant keyboard, the classmate PC is also "backpack
friendly" - able to withstand bumping in a backpack and accidental drops by
students.

SANAKO's state-of-the-art educational software and live language learning
solutions combined with various services will complement the education value of
the classmate PCs.

A Shared Vision of Improved Learning Outcomes
The collaboration between SANAKO and Intel will provide innovative solutions,
backed by Finnish pedagogical know-how to improve internet-era learning outcomes
in a variety of modern learning styles.

Juha Merinen , SANAKO Executive Vice President for Sales and Partnerships said
the global collaboration with Intel  - a key player providing 21st century
computing solutions to the educational market  -  will bring teaching and
learning into the rapidly evolving era of pedagogically harmonized and
transparent learning processes.

"Our goal is to co-operate with the highest quality partners worldwide to
provide value-added solutions and services for our customers.  Our combined
solutions will cater to managed, collaborative and personalized learning
approaches to ensure best results. We are delighted to work with the
Intel-powered classmate PC to usher in a new era of best-in-class solutions for
educators and students globally."

Intel's Gehad Galal added, "Our goal is to work with companies to provide
students with high quality solutions for education. We are pleased to work with
SANAKO to improve the way students learn today and in the future."

SANAKO Corporation

SANAKO, formerly Tandberg Educational, is a learning technology company
developing language teaching solutions, teaching and classroom management
software, virtual collaboration solutions as well as supplying customer
services. We are the world leader in live language learning technology.

Today's solutions include modern software, and wireless and mobile systems that
act as a catalyst for improving teaching outcomes by motivating learning.

Our sales network reaches customers all over the world and we've provided
Tandberg Educational Quality to satisfied users in over 100 countries. We serve
our customers through a network of resellers in 70 countries. Based in Finland,
the company has sales offices in Australia, China, Indonesia, France, Russia,
UAE, UK and US. SANAKO is a Microsoft(R) Certified Partner, a Blackboard
Building
BlocksTM community member, a WorldDidac Quality Charter Member and a corporate
member of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE(R)).

Blackboard, the Bb logo, Building Blocks, the Building Blocks logo, Blackboard
Developers Network, and the Blackboard Learning System are trademarks/registered
trademarks of Blackboard Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Usage
by permission.

* AeL Science Lab digital content by SIVECO Romania.

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.