LLTI Archives

January 2009, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:11:18 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Hajime JIM Kumahata <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Hajime JIM Kumahata <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: SOCALLT 2009 Conference
>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:02:29 -0600

To All,

(please excuse the crossposting...)

I would like to invite you to SOCALLT 2009 conference.  SOCALLT, South
Central Association for Language Learning Technology, is a
professional association working toward the goal of improving language
instruction through the use of technology. Our goal is to promote more
effective use and a better understanding of technology-based
instruction at all levels of education and training.  We are going to
have our annual conference at Southwestern University in Georgetown,
TX on February 13 & 14.  You can find out more about this conference
here, http://www.socallt.org/Conferences/2009/.

Our keynote speaker is Robert Fischer, Executive Director of CALICO,
The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.  He will
discuss the issues of Web 2.0, social networking, and language learning.

Registration cost to this conference is $50 ($25 for students).  To
register for SOCALLT 2009, please go to the following URL and proceed
with **TWO actions**.
1. fill out the registration form (click on the 'registration form'
link and send the information via email.)
2. send the registration fee via PayPal, personal check, school check,
or school purchase order.

http://www.socallt.org/Conferences/2009/htdocs/registration.html

I hope to see you there.

Thank you for your time.

Hajime Kumahata

_____________________
Hajime JIM Kumahata
Language Technology Consultant, Rayzor Hall 227
LRC - MS 37, P.O. Box 1892
Center for the Study of Languages
Rice University
Houston, Texas 77251-1892 U.S.A.
Voice - 713-348-6183    Fax - 713-348-6168

*president, South Central Association for Language Learning Technology
*showcase coordinator, - International Association for Language
Learning Technology
*web master, Texas Foreign Language Association
_____________________
Hajime JIM Kumahata
Language Technology Consultant, Rayzor Hall 227
LRC - MS 37, P.O. Box 1892
Center for the Study of Languages
Rice University
Houston, Texas 77251-1892 U.S.A.
Voice - 713-348-6183    Fax - 713-348-6168

*president, South Central Association for Language Learning Technology
*showcase coordinator, - International Association for Language
Learning Technology
*web master, Texas Foreign Language Association

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.