LLTI Archives

January 2009, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:38:08 -0500
PRESS RELEASE									TURKU, FINLAND
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE								January 09, 2009

SANAKO and I.ZONE form Strategic Partnership to cooperate in Educational Markets

Editorial contacts

I.ZONE SGPS
Rui Falcao, Chief Executive Officer,  tel: +351 217 976 005
email: [log in to unmask]

SANAKO Corporation
Juha Merinen, Executive Vice President, tel: +358 40 740 2231
email: [log in to unmask]

SANAKO and e-learning services provider I.ZONE have announced a strategic
business partnership. Both companies will work together to promote their
solutions to educational customers in their respective markets.

The partnership will allow both companies to cross-utilize their current and
future customer networks to sell and market educational solutions and localized
value added service offerings.

I.Zone's coverage of Portuguese-speaking countries, world class competence and
experience in e-learning platforms, content and services will provide
significant customer benefits and giving SANAKO solutions a major competitive
advantage.

In turn, SANAKO's state-of-the-art educational software and live language
learning solutions combined with various services will complement I.ZONE's total
offering.

Modern Technology with Localized Competence and Service

With extensive joint expertise in serving the educational sector, SANAKO and
I.ZONE will collaborate to provide innovative solutions that improve managed
internet-era learning outcomes in the classroom, as well as across campuses and
school districts.

Both parties aim to provide customers with more complete integrated teaching
solutions that include modern learning technology, relevant content and
localized customer-oriented services.

Juha Merinen , SANAKO Executive Vice President for Sales and Partnerships said
the strategic partnership with I.ZONE  - a key player in the Portuguese-speaking
educational markets  -  will bring teaching and learning into the rapidly
evolving era of 21st century learning.

"Our goal is to co-operate with the highest quality partners worldwide to
provide value-added solutions and services for our customers. We are delighted
to announce this long-term strategic partnership with I.ZONE which we believe
heralds a new era of best-in-class solutions for educators and students
globally."

Mr. Rui Falcao, CEO of I.ZONE added, "We are devoted to providing our
educational customers with top quality offerings. We are now closely cooperating
with SANAKO, the world's leading educational learning solutions provider.  I am
convinced that this strategic partnership will bring greater benefits to our
customers and that it will allow both parties to build on their successes in the
global learning market."

SANAKO Corporation

SANAKO, formerly Tandberg Educational, is a learning technology company
developing language teaching solutions, teaching and classroom management
software, virtual collaboration solutions as well as supplying customer
services. We are the world leader in live language learning technology.

Today's solutions include modern software, and wireless and mobile systems that
act as a catalyst for improving teaching outcomes by motivating learning.

Our sales network reaches customers all over the world and we've provided
Tandberg Educational Quality to satisfied users in over 100 countries. We serve
our customers through a network of resellers in 70 countries. Based in Finland,
the company has sales offices in Australia, China, Indonesia, France, Russia,
UAE, UK and US. SANAKO is a Microsoft(R) Gold Certified Partner, a Blackboard
Building BlocksTM community member, a WorldDidac Quality Charter Member and a
corporate member of the International Society for Technology in Education
(ISTE(R)).

Blackboard, the Bb logo, Building Blocks, the Building Blocks logo, Blackboard
Developers Network, and the Blackboard Learning System are trademarks/registered
trademarks of Blackboard Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Usage
by permission.

I.ZONE

I-Zone is an investment group focused on learning technologies. I-Zone Knowledge
Systems are has the mission to accelerate and facilitate the process of change,
production, management and knowledge spread among people and organizations,
especially throughout the Lusophony (Portuguese speaking countries, particularly
Portugal, Brasil, Angola and Mozambique).

As a supplier of solutions, content and technologies for New Learning, I-Zone
Knowledge Systems believes the application of the concept  places people, once
again, at the centre of the learning process, in which all delivery channels (in
class, web, mobile, printed, audiovisual, etc.) have a specific role in each
client's global solution.

-

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.