LLTI Archives

December 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:40:19 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Synchronous voice exchanges
>Date: 15 Dec 2008 17:44:01 -0600

Now that Wimba is discontinuing its VoiceDirect tool we are looking for
some type of web-based tool for live voice exchanges. We have experimented
with Skype but want something that doesn$E2t have to be downloaded or
installed. Ideally, we$E2d like something that would allow for text exchange
to accompany the voice exchange.

Does anyone have any experience with or
recommendations on free, web-based options for
synchronous voice exchange?

I'd welcome suggestions through the list or at
the address below. Thanks for your help!

Ellen
--
Ellen Wormwood
Multimedia Lab Coordinator