LLTI Archives

December 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:40:10 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Bill Koulopoulos <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Bill Koulopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #9021.4 (!) Speech recognition software
>Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:48:04 -0500

Greetings to you all,

I have used MacSpeech Dictate for the last six months and have been
happy with it.  Although some claim accuracy of 90% and up, in my
experience it was about 85% ( I do have an accent by the way).  Yet,
it has made a difference in the amount of typing I do and I  would
recommend it.  It's not perfect, but it's the best (for Mac) out there.

Bill