LLTI Archives

December 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:24:50 -0500
Greetings!

I have two different, but related, questions:

1.      We are thinking of acquiring a Speech Recognition software such as
Dragon Naturally Speaking. Has anyone experimented with it? Pros and Cons?

2.      We are looking to acquire a machine for transcription (with foot
controls), and one that works with digital files (not cassette-tapes). Has
anyone found a good, digital, one that they are satisfied with?

Thanks for your input!

And Happy Holidays!

Sangeetha

Sangeetha Gopalakrishnan

Director
Foreign Language Technology Center

Wayne State University
385 Alex Manoogian Hall
906 W. Warren Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Tel: 313-577-6391
Fax: 313-577-3041

 <http://www.langlab.wayne.edu/> http://www.langlab.wayne.edu

Teaching