LLTI Archives

November 2008, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:54:17 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Thomas Plagwitz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:40:05 -0500
>From: Thomas Plagwitz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #9005 Clips of Video from a DVD
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,

I am currently upgrading an existing procedure of distributing foreign language
samples we produce, from mpeg2/DVD to mpeg4/video clips, distributed over
the network.

I prefer to bypass the DVD option of our dual DVD/HD camcorder. I rather
process the VRO files from the HD recorder directly.

But if I remember correctly, the following also worked with DVDs (VOBs) made
from this camcorder.

What I found to work with the camcorder output is:

1. MPEG Streamclip: convert from VRO (or VOB) to mpg

2. VirtualDub MPEG: convert from MPG to (mpeg4 encoded) AI, including
cutting into clips

Both applications are free.

Hth,

thomas