LLTI Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:29:36 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:36:47 -0500
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #9007 The death of VHS is upon us!

I had a grant, so I got multi-standard players without converters and
TVs that would play the VHS any standard.

I think you can still get a converter box separate from the player. But
that's complicated for the viewer.

Judy

LLTI-Editor wrote:
> --- Forwarded Message from "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:20:35 -0500
>> From: "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: The death of VHS is upon us!
>
> For some odd reason two of our three Samsung SV-5000W multi-standard VHS
players
> died at about the same time a few weeks ago, so I called Samsung, got an RMA
and
> sent one off to be repaired. Well, today I got a call from Samsung informing
me
> that the unit cannot be repaired and that they're refunding the repair cost.
>>From a brief chat with the Samsung rep. I came away with the impression that
> we've pretty much reached the end of the line as far as these units go.
Samsung
> doesn't seem to even have much in the way of parts left to service them.
They're