LLTI Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:29:33 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Graul, Leslie" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #9005 Clips of Video from a DVD
>Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:27:03 -0500
>From: "Graul, Leslie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

We do not have a lot of options.  We work in a strictly Windows environment.  So
we use a DVD player, connected to the video card on our editing computers.  We
use PremierePro to capture and edit the video and usually export MPEG1 files.
They take a lot less memory than avi or some other video files.

This works well.  We have been putting video clips into the Content Collection
for courses in BlackBoard for instructors rather than in the actual courses.
Then we (or they) put a link into the appropriate area of their courses.

When putting clips into PowerPoint presentations, save the clips in a folder
with the presentation before inserting them or linking them to the presentation.

Leslie B. Graul
Director, Instructional Media Services
Thiel College
75 College Avenue