LLTI Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:59:46 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:40:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>From: Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Paint Colors in the LRC?

Colleagues,

I'm not sure why this has become an issue 21 months before the building will
open, but I'm now being asked about wall colors for the LRC that will be in that
building.  I would love to hear your opinions on the topic.

Question One:  The new LRC will have a windowless screening room (for movie and
television screening) that will seat 12 - 15 people.  It will also have 4 small
windowless rooms where 2 - 3 students will be able to do multimedia production.
(The lack of windows in these small rooms is a function of the building's
design--not a deliberate choice.) Should the walls in these rooms be darker,
lighter, or does it make a difference?

Question Two:  The LRC itself will have windows and natural light.  It is
designed as a space to promote collaboration and activity.  What colors do you
suggest?

Thanks for your help,
Sharon

Sharon Scinicariello, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Laboratory
Modern Literatures and Cultures
University of Richmond, VA 23173

Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.