MACSCRPT Archives

November 2008

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:27:42 -0700
I know that I should already know this, but it's been a while....I've
slept since last attempting this years ago....

How does one insert data into the middle of an existing list?

For instance, I have a list of items, including lists. I want to
insert an item into a new second position in the original list.

Here's the original list....

Set myList to {itemA, {itemM, x}, {itemP, y}}

I have a new itemZ that I want to put in as the second item of myList
that displaces the current second and third items to be items 3 and 4
of myList, with itemZ as the new second item.

The new list should look like....

{itemA, itemZ, {itemM, x}, {itemP, y}}

Is there a simple call to do this? Or do I need to set up a complex
handler?

Regards,

Chuck